Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Is it really only Wednesday?

Work has been so crazy this week.  We had a big wig come in yesterday (it went horrible).  We have another coming in today.  I always tell people that if I'm going to have to be away from M I better be doing something I like.  And until recently, I did.  But things are changing and the micromanagement from above is getting pretty oppressive.  We aren't able to do our own hiring, have any sort of work life balance, or a feeling of security in our job.  That is a pretty bad feeling when I've been there for almost 10 years.  I try to constantly improve, but will it be enough?  I feel like to meet their expectations I would have to work 80 hours a week (not really something I'm willing to do since I'd only get paid for 40).  This is the hardest part of being a working mom.  I want to do well in my work, but not at the expense of my family. I've got a few days off coming up and I think Big Daddy and I will need to figure out our back up plan.  Always need to stay ahead of the curve you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment