Thursday, June 3, 2010

Cool and Collected

As I have mentioned before, work has been a bit stressful lately.  Many changes are on the horizon and if it were just the changes I'd be very excited.  They are changes that make this a store that I can really get behind.  The problem is that the higher ups have absolutely no interest in treating their employees with any sensitivity or respect.  They have listed all of our jobs online, and the applicants are coming in to submit applications in our store, and come to open houses to learn about OUR jobs.

My District Manager always tells me that I'm so cool and collected when everything is spinning out of control in the store.  Let me tell you it is really hard to remain that way when I have employees asking what is going on, why is my job listed online?  I don't know, maybe this is a sign that it is time for me to move on.  But where?  I've been there for almost 10 years and I can't really imagine what else to do.  Not that I don't have the training with my master's degree collecting dust on a shelf, but I don't have the experience and my previous attempts to get out of retail have been met with nothing but rejection.  I've lost my confidence.

So today I have to go back to work and put on that smile, and accept those applications, and try to remain cool and collected.

No comments:

Post a Comment