Friday, June 18, 2010

It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's SuperMom

I was reading a message board today and came across a thread about balancing home responsibilities and raising a toddler.  The original poster was stressed because she was feeling overwhelmed with trying to keep up with her chores, care for her toddler and work full time.

I can totally relate.  My house is always a mess.  Even when Big Daddy and I swear that this time, we are going to keep it clean.  My laundry is a never ending pile.  Our master bath is a disaster.  My car is a mobile dumpster of soda bottles.  I am a mess.

But when I get home I want to regroup.  I want to spend time with my husband, and my son.  I want to take a few minutes to blog about our life.  I just want to focus on LIFE.

So, how can I fit in the responsibility?  I've tried to do lists, but find them overwhelming.  I've tried making a schedule, but my job doesn't have a predictable schedule so I can't keep to it.  I can't afford to hire someone so what's a girl to do?

The moms I know who have the perfectly clean house don't ever sit down and relax at night, or on the weekends, or ever.  I don't have that drive to clean that makes it worth it to me to give up time with my loved ones.

As I read this I ask, am I just being a spoiled child?  Maybe.  Probably.  But I know I'll never regret that extra snuggle with M, that extra time with Big Daddy.

So I can't claim my cape or superpowers yet.  But maybe someday I'll get it figured out.

No comments:

Post a Comment