Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Beating the sweet tooth

I was never one with a big sweet tooth.  I could pass on most cakes, pretty much every pie, didn't give a hoot about cookies.  I had a couple weaknesses.  I love ice cream.  Always have, always will.  I can build an entire day's menu around eating chocolate chip cookies.  Only homemade.  And I have a secret love of Jell-o no bake cheese cake.

So like I said, no real sweet tooth...until I got pregnant.  Then suddenly I got one.  And now I'm trying to kill it.  It is not helping with the whole weight loss thing.  During Lent Big Daddy and I gave up desserts.  That worked in breaking me of my daily dessert habit.  But sometimes I just want something sweet.

We came up with some things that worked well as subs when we just really needed something and my favorite was my peanut butter, banana and honey combination.  It is super easy and I pulled it out again tonight.

So here's all you need.

1 banana
1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
a few chocolate chips if you are so inclined.
Honey

Split banana down the middle and put in microwave safe bowl.
Spread with peanut butter and sprinkle with chocolate chips.

Nuke it for 1 minute until banana is soft.  Drizzle with honey and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment