Thursday, June 7, 2012

Let's Get Physical, and maybe a bit risqué

So as I mentioned, Big Daddy and I are trying to get fit.  He's done amazing, losing almost 40 pounds in 3 and a half months.  I have lost like 5 pounds in the same time.  But that is neither here nor there.  I'm definitely getting healthier.

So with this new commitment to fitness I figured it was time to step out of the old baggy pajama pants and sorority tees (how sad after a decade removed from college I am still sporting tees from my freshman year).  So off I head to the sporting goods store.  I am sure there are some fantastic advancements in fabrics but $60 for a pair of workout pants seems insane to me.  I mean, do they make me burn more calories?  Probably not.  Do they hide the fat on my ass better than the cheap pair?  Nope.  Do they make that last set of squats less painful?  Doubtful.  So I settled for the pair that was still like $40 with tears in my eyes.  I want to spend that money on something awesome, like food, or new underwear.  And on that stream, when did I lose all my respectable underwear?  I used to have drawers full.  Now, all lame and boring and eerily similar to the kind my mom wears.

So then it was time to look for "supportive" items.  So I try on several and discover something very disturbing.  All of the ones I tried on had padding of some sort, and all of them made it look...how should I put this...like I was really really cold.  Is this a new thing in fitness?  I mean don't get me wrong, I have seen some doozies at the gym.  The girls with lace tops; the long, braided pigtails; the knee high argyle socks with the same underwear shorts I'm pretty sure I was forced to wear for high school volleyball.  Since when is me sweating and gross at the gym my opportunity to get sexy.  You'd be lucky to have me with freshly brushed teeth, let alone looking all hot and desirable.  My goal is just not to be the stinky one in the gym.

So needless to say, I passed on the nipped out sports bras.  I'll stick with my old school ones that keep everything in place and my unfortunately my sexpot alter ego won't get to come out while I'm sweating and cursing my trainer.


No comments:

Post a Comment